English version

filler in Newspapers, printing, publishing topic

From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishfillerfill‧er /ˈfɪlə $ -ər/ noun [countable, uncountable]  1 REPAIR British English a substance used to fill cracks in wood, walls etc, especially before you paint them2 TCNstories, information, pictures etc that are not important but are used to fill a page in a newspaper or magazine3 a substance that is put under a person’s skin to make lines on their skin less deep or to make their lips bigger
Examples from the Corpus
fillerCracks should be repaired with a filler, and porous surfaces primed with a sealant or a diluted coat of masonry paint.Counter sunk rivets may be used and then skimmed with a small amount of body filler to hide them.A sander will be required to remove excess filler and shape it to match the existing timber.The crab cakes were 80% crab, with very little filler.His latest album consists of two great singles and ten tracks of filler.The commercials, the filler, the reruns, the videos-all of it counts.