English version


From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
Related topics: Hospital
ElastoplastE‧las‧to‧plast /ɪˈlæstəplɑːst $ -plæst/ noun [countable, uncountable] trademark British English  MHa piece of thin material that is stuck to the skin to cover cuts and other small wounds syn Band-Aid American English
Examples from the Corpus
ElastoplastIn fact Meadowell is an Elastoplast name like Sizewell, invented in the 1970s to disguise what was already a running sore.The sort of people who cried with relief when you went in to buy a piece of Elastoplast.At about four o'clock he opened it and yelled to Emmie to fetch the Elastoplast.
Pictures of the day
Do you know what each of these is called?
Click on the pictures to check.