English version

Family Income Support

From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary EnglishFamily Income SupportˌFamily ˈIncome Supˌport noun [uncountable]  in Britain, money formerly given by the government to people who were unemployed and had children. It was replaced in 1999/2000 by the Working Families Tax Credit which was itself replaced in 2003 by the Child Tax Credit and the Working Tax Credit.
Pictures of the day
What are these?
Click on the pictures to check.