English version


From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
Related topics: Cooking
siftersift‧er /ˈsɪftə $ -ər/ noun [countable]  1 DFC British English a container with a lot of small holes in the top used for shaking flour, sugar etc onto things syn shaker American English2 American English a container with a handle and a lot of small holes on the bottom, used for removing large pieces from flour or for mixing flour and other dry things together in cooking
Examples from the Corpus
sifterPut a sifter into a medium-size mixing bowl.Measure the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into sifter.
Pictures of the day
Do you know what each of these is called?
Click on the pictures to check.