English version


From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary EnglishStrimmerStrim‧mer /ˈstrɪmə $ -mər/ trademark British English  a type of machine for cutting weeds (=unwanted garden plants) and grass in places that a lawnmower cannot reach. You hold the machine in your hand and move it just above the ground, and a strong spinning plastic string cuts the grass. In the US there is a similar machine called a Weed Whacker..
Pictures of the day
What are these?
Click on the pictures to check.